Nico ATIENZA, WHO?
Who am I? Here's my elevator pitch:
Hi! My name is Nico. I'm a twenty something IT professional specializing in Enterprise Software. After 7 years in the industry, I am, frankly, burnt out. Where do I go from here? I'm not entirely sure about that or what my true purpose in this world is, but I'm trying hard to find out.
My LIfe is a geography lesson
I was born in the Philippines, raised in Sri Lanka and attended college in Malaysia and the United States. Following graduation from the University of Montana in Missoula, MT, my career in IT began in Missoula and brought me to Austin, TX where I currently enjoy the delicious BBQ and my handsome young pug, Caesar.
Whilst being inundated with Christmas jingles and the overuse of the color red during the Christmas season of 2014, I received some life altering news that is forcing me to leave the United States, my home for past 9 years. Being presented with a compelling crossroad of what to do next, I've decided to take a leap of faith and travel the world in search of rejuvenation. I plan to set off for this adventure in 2016 and would love it if all of you came with me!
Fun facts about me
- I have over 40 hours worth of tattoos
- At one point in my life, I owned about 140 pairs of sneakers
- I have horrible movie and TV memory
- I'm an Apple fanatic (Steve Jobs is my hero - R.I.P.)
- Billiards is my sport of choice
- Seeing the 7 wonders of the world is on the top of my bucket list
- I take pictures of ALL the food I order BEFORE I eat it